Sunday, July 7, 2013

Evacuation Complete

At about 1:30 pm this afternoon, the community of Two Rivers received the evacuation order. The Stuart Creek 2 Forest Fire that has been lurking in our area made a run towards the town. I believe three cabins have been claimed so far.

My son, sister-in-law and I headed out with all our belongings, two dogs and 4 chickens. My husband is a wildland firefighter and is working on the fire with many of our friends and neighbors, also firefighters.

We will see how it goes for the next few hours and days.

 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got out safe and sound! Will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this blog on Aliy Zirkle's site. I love any information about Alaska and will enjoy reading your blog. I wish you the best and pray the fire can be contained. Bless your husband and all the firefighters to stay safe.

    ReplyDelete